Thursday, April 10, 2008

Saturation

Super Saturated Images were the norm for Postcards
when I was a child.

As a result, I began to play around with the in-camera
saturation levels while travelling in West Cork.
However, I did not want to be too daring and exaggerate,
given the wild beaury of the place, which is colourful
enough in its own right.

This Rock Pool Photo was worked on in Digital Professional,
the Canon software. You can transform photos in so many ways
with this versatile Graphics Editor that I have to prevent myself
from getting totally carried away and making everything look
Day-Glo Garish.



Bantry Bay, West Cork

2 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Will have to install that software - I installed the bare minimum when I did, 'cause last time I had to wipe my entire system after installing it (it kept giving me the blue screen of death). Will give it a try, thanks!

Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

If you contact the Canon help system you may be able to work out what went wrong with your upload. They have an update service which might solve the problem.

BTW, the custom wb (Custon White Balance) in-camera is really worth trying... though you probably know this.